Did you know that you can use ChatGPT to create ASCII image? Today, we will explain how you can use ChatGPT to generate images in ASCII format.
After reading this post, you will be able to create ASCII images with ChatGPT for any purpose.
What is ASCII Art?
ASCII art is a form of digital art that uses characters from the ASCII character set to create images. The ASCII character set includes letters, numbers, and symbols that can be used to represent different shades of gray. ASCII art has been around since the 1960s and is still popular today.
Can ChatGPT create ASCII image?
Yes, ChatGPT can make ASCII art. Using machine learning algorithms, ChatGPT can generate a set of ASCII characters that form an image. However, the quality of the art may vary depending on the complexity of the image and the input provided.
How to use ChatGPT to create ASCII image?
Creating ASCII art with ChatGPT can be a fun and creative way to express yourself using a unique form of digital art.
First login to your ChatGPT account. Then, in order to create ASCII art with ChatGPT, you need to provide it with input data that will allow the machine learning algorithms to generate a set of ASCII characters that form an image. Here are the steps to follow:
- Decide what you need: Choose the kind of picture you want from ChatGPT. Make sure it’s not too complicated, because it’s hard to make detailed pictures with ASCII, which is a simple kind of art.
- Tell ChatGPT what you want: Give ChatGPT the information about the picture you want. This is called giving a ‘prompt’. Then ChatGPT will take that and give you a response.
- Check what you got: Look at the picture that ChatGPT gave you. If it’s not quite right, you can ask for changes or improvements. You might get a better picture in the next try.
By following these steps, you can make ChatGPT create ASCII art.
Examples of creating ASCII images with ChatGPT
Now let’s take a look at some examples where we asked ChatGPT to draw created ASCII images to both give you some ideas and show you how it’s done.
Let’s start with a simple example and ask ChatGPT to draw a circle for us.
Now let’s make a cat in ASCII format.
If you want, you can customize it according to your own preferences by specifying that you want a more detailed and larger-scale drawing in the prompt you are using.
Limitations of making ASCII images with ChatGPT
While ChatGPT is capable of creating ASCII art, it has some limitations:
- ChatGPT is limited by the complexity of the image it is trying to create. More complex images may not turn out as well as simpler images. For more complex images you can instead try to create SVG images with ChatGPT.
- ChatGPT is limited by the quality of the input data it receives. The better the input data, the better the resulting ASCII art. So GPT-4 model can generate better ASCII images than GPT-3 model. In order to use GPT-4 model, however, you need to upgrade your account to ChatGPT Plus.
- ChatGPT is limited by the length of the text it can generate. The longer the text, the more memory and processing power are required, which may limit the quality of the ASCII art. So, try to use simple and organized prompts.
It’s important to note that not all images can be effectively created in ASCII art format. However, by keeping the images simple and using high-quality input data, you can create fun and unique ASCII drawings with ChatGPT.